Diving head first into the North American wilderness, François began guiding tours at the young age of eighteen. In addition to spending nearly four years in Alaska, a region he knows as well as his own back yard, he’s explored and trekked through an impressive amount of Canadian and American National and Provincial Parks. A fan of history and culture, François’ passions also extend to the classroom, where he spent many years teaching French to First Nations people in his native Quebec. As one of the company’s oldest team members, his dynamic personality and tireless energy continue to keep the Windigo group in motion.
My favorite trips
Alaska, the last Frontier
- Hike away from the crowds amidst spectacular mountain scenery in Denali, Wrangell St Elias, and Kenai National Parks
- Sleep in the heart of Alaska’s National Parks, in natural environment
- Get up close and personal with gigantic glaciers
- Wildlife viewing, Hiking, Camping
Best of the West
- Marvel at the Grand Canyon, the colors of Bryce Canyon and the spectacular cliffs in Yosemite
- Get away from the crowds on hikes through desert, canyons, mountains, valleys and alpine prairies
- Go for a night walk in Bryce Canyon, one of the best star gazing site in the country
CANADIAN ROCKIES & YELLOWSTONE GEYSERS
- Travel through the heart of the Rocky Mountain chain, in Canada & USA
- Numerous wildlife observation opportunities: bisons, elks, mountain goats, grizzlies and more!
- Off the beaten track walks and hikes to explore Canada & USA wilderness
- Wildlife viewing, Hiking
- Hiking Quebec’s National Parks with its wildlife : beavers, moose, black bears, etc.
- Tadoussac, one of the world’s best whale observation location
- Visiting the oldest settlement in North America – Québec city’s old quarters
- Canoe, Wildlife viewing, Hiking