Windigo’s history can be traced back as far as 1560! In the mid-sixteenth century, an English explorer named Martin Frobisher began an expedition through the northern Canadian seas in search of the North West Passage. Navigating his way to the Arctic, Martin left his namesake to one of the most important bays in the Arctic, Frobisher Bay. Nearly four centuries later, Charles Frobisher, himself an adventurer and inspired by his ancestor’s feats, founded Windigo, a North American adventure tour operator.
Our team of passionate explorers has been running tours in North America since 1996, leading travelers through its grand open spaces, massive mountain peaks, dense forests, pristine rivers and endless deserts.
We have been guiding groups and traveling the continent for more than twenty years. Our professional guides are always eager to share their love for the outdoors with fellow adventurers!
Why travel with us?
- We outfit all our tours with our equipment and our guides. Subcontracting to a third party is not our way of travel. We therefore control quality and expectations.
- All out guides are in-house trained to our style, criterion and values.
- Most of our guides have been with us for more than 10 years.
- We are a small company passionate about taking care of every single client that travels with us.
- All our gear and equipment is of superior quality and always in terrific condition
- We have 3 offices and warehouses to serve you better, staffed with people passionate about North America
- Our rates are just the best in the industry
- Our groups are open to people of all ages
- We are flexible and love crazy “think out of the box” travel ideas. We just don’t say no.
- We love being outside!